- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.57 - $13.03 per hour
- Posted Date:05/03/2018 1:19 PM
CITY OF LANCASTER
Invites Applications for Part-Time
Temporary Employment for:
Current Openings in Finance
Non-Exempt - Eligible for Overtime
Under general supervision, a Clerical Aide/Typist performs a wide variety of typing, clerical, and general office duties in support of the various departments. May perform other duties as required.
Note: This position will focus on the City's Business License function.
- Processes new and renewal business license applications
- Provides coverage support for the front counter and answers routine questions to the general public and City staff
- Performs general clerical duties that include filing, typing, data input and sorting and distributing mail
- Copies, types and distributes reports, correspondence and memos
- Proofreads materials for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Files and retrieves records and files, prepares new files
- Operates a variety of standard office machines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- One (1) year of general clerical experience.
- Open availability and ability to work up to 19 hours per week.
- Correct English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possess intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint; proficiency in modern office practices and common office equipment, i.e. printer, scanner, copier and fax machine.
- Possess basic record keeping methods and procedures.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision; ability to work in a team environment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter.
- Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive public contact and frequent interruptions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting:
- To stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 25lbs); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Vision requirements:
- See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The City of Lancaster is an EEO employer.