Transportation Maintenance Operations
615 W. Avenue H
Lancaster, California 93534
Our primary function is to provide inspection, maintenance, and repair to lighting, signal, sign, markings and fleet equipment assets.
This Division provides safe and efficient flow for all means of travel, both today and in the future. To accomplish this, the Division is involved in all development projects from the beginning, to determine traffic impacts and mitigation measures through construction, maintenance of traffic signs, striping and signals. Staff studies traffic flow and safety problems, and designs and implements improvements.
This Division is responsible for:
- Repairing and replacing damaged traffic signs and poles
- Providing new striping, pavement markings, and signs within the City
- Replacing worn or faded street striping such as crosswalks, reflectors, center lines, lane lines, ceramic markers, stop stencils, and stop bars
- Providing safety inspections, maintenance, and repairs for the City's fleet of 250 vehicles and equipment
- Promoting alternative fuel systems to keep the City in compliance with EPA Clean Air mandates and the Energy Conservation Act
For more information, or to report a problem, contact the Department between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., at (661) 723-5985.