City of Lancaster Weekly Road Closures through December 3, 2017
Lancaster, CA. November 21, 2017 – In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market will not be held this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The Market will resume next week on Thursday, November 30, from 3 - 7 p.m. on Fig Avenue, just south of Lancaster BLVD. This area will be closed to traffic and parking from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Market days.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of Avenue H and Division Street, due to the Pacific Auto Recycling project.
- Avenue L-4 will be closed at the intersection of 60th Street West due to sewer improvements. Local traffic will have access to Avenue L-4 from the West behind the closure. This closure will be during the daytime only, and will OPEN each day to accommodate Quartz Hill High School drop-off and pick-up times.
- Northbound and southbound lane closures will be in effect on 10th Street West, between Avenue M and Avenue K-15, from September 18, 2017 through December 16, 2017. The scope of work includes street widening and repair; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street light and traffic signal improvements.
- New traffic pattern/striping will reduce travel lanes from two lanes to one travel and one bike lane eastbound and westbound from Lancaster Boulevard and 10th Street West to Valley Central Way, as well as between Sierra Highway and Division Street.
- On November 23, the signal at the intersection of Avenue K-8 and 15th Street West will be in flash from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Avenue L, between 52nd Street West and 55th Street West, will be closed to through traffic, from November 21 through November 22, with detour signage in place for east and westbound traffic for the resurfacing of the westbound lane.
- Northbound and southbound lane closures are in effect on 20th Street West, between Avenue J and Lancaster Boulevard through December 2017. The scope of work includes street repairs; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street lighting and traffic signal improvements.
- The annual Lancaster Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade will take place on December 2. Lancaster Blvd, from 15th Street West to Division Street, will be closed from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. for this community event.