In an effort to improve our neighborhoods and city streets, the City of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which will ultimately benefit our citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for an interim period, the results provide smoother roads and better infrastructure in various locations throughout Lancaster. Additionally, a number of community events take place year-round throughout the City, resulting in temporary traffic detours during event setup, activity, and breakdown. The City of Lancaster strives to provide as many opportunities as possible for community gathering and engagement.
- The BLVD Market is an opportunity for the community to gather and enjoy an offering of fresh produce and unique items in an open market atmosphere. Through April 2018, the Market will take place every Thursday from 3 – 7 p.m. on Fig Avenue, just south of Lancaster BLVD. This area will be closed to traffic and parking 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Market days.
- Northbound and southbound lane closures are in effect on 10th Street West, between Avenue M and Avenue K-15 through April 2018. The scope of work includes street widening and repair; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street light and traffic signal improvements.
- Northbound and southbound lane closures are in effect on 20th Street West, between Avenue J and Lancaster Boulevard, through May 2018. The scope of work includes street repairs; drainage improvements; sidewalk, curb and gutter construction and repairs; as well as street lighting and traffic signal improvements.
- Lane closures are on 60th Street West, between Avenues L-4 and L-8, due to street improvements related to the Lane commercial project.
- Lane closure are on eastbound Avenue L, between 70th Street West and 72nd Street West, due to bike lane improvements.
- Lane closures are in the vicinity of 10th Street West and Avenue K, due to major roadwork associated with The Oasis project on the northwest corner.