As you begin preparing for the holidays, think twice about where you do your shopping -- it can make a big difference.
Ten great reasons to Shop More in Lancaster:
- Protect our unique character – Lancaster is unlike anywhere else. By choosing to support local businesses, you’re helping maintain the charm and special appeal of our many local merchants.
- Support those who assist our community – Locally owned businesses are big boosters of our area schools and charities. This helps build stronger neighborhoods and a greater sense of community.
- Help control your future – Local business owners have a real stake in the community. They help guide good decisions since they, like you, are directly impacted by the results.
- Keep your dollars in town – Money spent here has a greater impact on our community, because dollars spent here will recirculate through the economy many times.
- Better jobs and higher wages – When local businesses prosper, they can offer more jobs and higher wages which help support our families.
- Entrepreneurs are the engine of growth – Our small businesses fuel economic innovation and growth, bringing a better quality of life to all who live here.
- Environmental benefits – By shopping locally, we are kinder to the planet as we tend to drive less and walk more – thus using less energy, creating less pollution, and exercising more.
- Healthy competition – Small businesses competing for your dollars ensure a healthier economy, better service, and lower prices.
- Better selection – Local business owners understand their customers better and make product choices that reflect your needs and wants, leading to a better match and higher satisfaction.
- In the public interest – When you shop in Lancaster, local sales tax dollars support the services we use every day, including parks, roads, and public safety.